About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Rose of Winslow Street

I found a new-to-me author last week; Elizabeth Camden. I had picked up her title The Rose of Winslow Street when they offered it free for Kindle, but until last week, I hadn't read it. When I got a new Kindle for my birthday, however, it was the title I decided to start with.

I am so glad I did. It is a wonderful historic novel.


Libby Sawyer and her father return from their summer vacation to find their home taken over by Romanian immigrants who claim the house is rightfully theirs. Furthermore, they refuse to vacate the premises while the problem is sorted out. Since neither family will give up their claim, a fierce legal battle begins. And when important documents go missing, Michael Dobrescu, the head of the interlopers, is the suspected culprit.

But as Libby searches to find the missing papers, she learns more about this strange family from Romania and begins to be sympathetic and develop feelings towards the mysterious Michael. 

The characters and story line sucked me in from page one and held my attention with every flip of the page. I loved the twists and turns in the story and the historical detail was incredible. The amount of research that went into creating this story must have been enormous, but it made the story rich and alive without being overpowering.

If you like historical romance, you have to give Elizabeth Camden's stories a try. I highly recommend The Rose of Winslow Street, and I will be purchasing her other novels to read myself. I love it when I find a new author to follow. Thank you, Elizabeth Camden, for a lovely, well-done historical!

No comments: