About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Friday, October 12, 2012

Harvest of Rubies


I loved Tessa Afshar's first book, Pearl in the Sand, and eagerly looked forward to Harvest of Rubies. I finished it the other day and thoroughly loved it. 

Sarah is the fictional cousin of the Biblical character Nehemiah, and she is a Jewish scribe for the Persian court. She is not interested in feminine trappings or marriage, but because of successfully solving an intrigue involving the Queen, she is rewarded with marriage to a high-ranking individual. Except, Sarah doesn't see it as a reward. She sees it as losing her dream. What follows is a delightful and thought-provoking tale of Sarah learning to see herself as God sees her and learning the truth about love. 

The story is told in first-person view point and I don't usually enjoy first-person, but it works for this story. When the book ended, I was surprised, because I didn't feel like the story was over. Come to find out, it isn't. The rest of the story is coming sometime next year and from the preview in the back of the book, we'll get to hear Darius' viewpoint. But don't let that deter you from picking up Harvest of Rubies today. The story doesn't leave you hanging, just wanting more. :-)

This book is going on my keeper shelf, and I'm making room for Tessa's next book. Happy Reading!


No comments: