About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trauma Plan

I never really watched medical shows like ER, etc, but I've found I like medical-themed fiction when it's done by this author: Candace Calvert.

Candace Calvert is a former ER nurse, so her medical fiction carries the believability of someone who knows what she's talking about. But instead of bogging the reader down in medial jargon, she uses her knowledge to bring the setting of her stories to life.

Her latest title is Trauma Plan, book one in the Grace Medical Series.



A vicious assult sidelined ER nurse Riley Hale from the job she loves, so until she heals, she's using her skills in another way--as chaplain. But how can she prove she can do her old job when they won't even let her try?

Enter Jack Travis--handsome doctor and a maverick. He needs a nurse to help out at his community clinic, and if she'll volunteer there and can handle the duties, he'll give a good recommendation to her supervisors. It's a chance to practice her skills and prove she's capbable, but can she trust him? Or is he out to use her family's name to keep his embattled clinic open against neighborhood efforts to shut it down.

The cast of characters in this book are great. Of course the hero and heroine have to be awesome or the book's not worth reading, but the secondary characters make the story sparkle. You have to check out the old rodeo clown, Bandy and his dog, Hobo. If you don't watch out, they'll steal your heart. :-)

I enjoyed her first series, The Mercy Hospital series, and was really looking forward to Traum Plan. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I hated to see that last page turn and the back cover close. I'm glad we'll get to come back to Grace Medical in book two.

Looking for a good story? Pick up Trauma Plan. My copy is going on my keeper bookshelf, right next to Candace Calvert's previous three titles. :-)

No comments: