About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Friday, April 13, 2012

Anne Patrick - Kill Shot

I discovered a new-to-me author this week. Her name is Anne Patrick, and the book is Kill Shot. It is number one in the Wounded Heroes series.

Former combat medic Kory Wagner has returned home after serving in four war zones and three tours of Iraq. She has survived countless firefights, a helicoptor crash, IEDs and RPGs, but now someone has killed her sister and turned their sights on Kory.

Sheriff Sean Harding has his hands full trying to protect Kory Wagner. She's not exactly cooperative in helping him find answers, and she's not interested in his protection. After all, she's trained to kill a man with her bare hands, if need be. Will he be able to keep her alive long enough to discover the truth behind her sister's murder?

I really enjoyed this story. I love the military theme, the suspense, the romance, and the message of hope that Ms. Patick weaved so seamlessly throughout the story. Some stories feel like the inspirational message was added as an afterthought to make the book "Christian," but in Kill Shot the message is essential and so much a part of the story the book wouldn't make sense if it was removed.

Book two in the Wounded Heroes series releases in May, and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on a copy. I've already snatched up another Anne Patrick book and found it just as interesting, and attention grabbing as the first. It was Fire and Ash, in case you were wondering. (A female fire investigator, a handsome lawman, and an arsonist who's not afraid to kill.) 



Most of Anne Patrick's books, including the two mentioned here, are in e-book form only, so you'll have to download them to your Kindle/computer/device to read, but they are well worth your time.

I'm very excited to find this author and will be busy catching up on her other books. After all, what's not to like about an author who claims her favorite author is Dee Henderson?!

1 comment:

Anne Patrick said...

Hi Clari,
I'm thrilled you enjoyed Kill Shot and Fire and Ash. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, I really appreciate your kind words. And yes, Dee is my favorite author and a huge inspiration. I've read all her books and I'm looking forward to her new one coming out this Fall.
Blessings my friend,
Anne