About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Accidental Bride

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter is the second book in A Big Sky Romance series.



Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter alone, her husband left her shortly before being killed, and now the bank is weeks away from taking the only home she's ever known. What she needs is a miracle. What she gets is the unthinkable.

Shay agreed to be in the Founder's Day wedding reenactment, but to her horrified amazement, the man waiting at the end of the aisle is the man who refused to walk down the aisle years ago and left her high and dry on their wedding day. The man her heart has never forgotten. The man she hasn't forgiven. Travis McCoy.

But what was supposed to be a historical reenactment suddenly becomes the real thing! Shay Brandenberg and Travis McCoy are accidentally married. To Travis, it's a dream come true and a chance to start over. For Shay, it's another blow to her crumbling world. Or is it?

The themes of forgiveness and restoration are deftly woven through this very entertaining story. I wondered how two people could become accidentally married, and that question is answered in a very believable way. Shay and Travis grabbed my heartstrings from the first page, and I couldn't put the book down until I had finished it. Literally. I read it in one afternoon/evening.

Even if you missed book one in this series, A Cowboy's Touch, you can still read The Accidental Bride without missing much. But both books are great reads, and I'm looking forward to the next installment in A Big Sky Romance.

No comments: