About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Family to Cherish

Just finished Ruth Logan Herne's latest book A Family to Cherish.

Meredith Brennan is back in town after running away ten years ago. She left as a scared, angry young woman carrying a chip on her shoulder, but she's returned as a successful business woman ready to open a spa in her home town.

Problem #1: The only man in town capable of renovating the historic building for her spa is the high-school sweetheart she left without a word a decade ago--now a widower with two adorable little girls.  

Problem #2: Meredith wants to prove she's more than the sum of her father's mistakes, but she has a secret that says otherwise. And secrets have a nasty way of coming to the surface.

I always look foward to Ruth's books and this one is a great addition to the Men of Allegeny County series. But don't worry. If you've never picked up one of her books, you can read this as a stand alone. Although, it will probably make you want to read the ones that came before it :-)

One of my favorite scenes in this book is when Meredith stands up to the old gossip. Classic! Made me grin all over and cheer! Thank you for a great read, Ruth.

And you. Yeah you. Why are you still sitting there? You have a book to get and read.

Enjoy!


 

No comments: