About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Monday, June 10, 2013

Shattered


Shattered is the second book in the Alaskan Courage series. (See my review of book one here.)

From the Back Cover:

When her prodigal brother Reef's return to Yancey, Alaska, is shattered by his arrest for murder, Piper McKenna is determined to protect him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. And he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth puts Landon's career in jeopardy.

When Piper launches her own investigation, Landon realizes he must protect her from herself--and whatever complications await as the two follow clues deep into Canada's rugged backcountry. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step.

I absolutely loved my return visit to Alaska with the McKenna clan and had trouble putting the book down to do other things. Really?! Who needs to go to work when you can follow Deputy Logan and Piper McKenna around Alaska and Canada?! (Just watch out for the bad guys!) :-)

It's awesome to have another author to add to my list of favorite romantic suspense/adventure writers. Dani Pettrey is right alongside Dee Henderson, Ronie Kendig, and Irene Hannon. And if you haven't discovered Dani's writing yet, you're missing out. You need to head to your nearest bookstore now!

Book three, Stranded, releases September 1st. I can hardly wait!

No comments: