About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow day

What do you do with over a foot of snow and leftover Valentine's Day candy?

I'm so glad you asked.

First you make a batch of snow ice cream...
(The batch was much larger than this before we all dug in :-)

Then you take the leftover miniature chocolate bars in their plastic, sealed wrappers...

Place the candy bar someplace warm (like on the top of the toaster oven that you've learned gets warm while in use), and once it's melted, tear off a small corner...

Squeeze gently over the snow ice cream...

And within seconds, you have a semi-hard chocolate shell/garnish over the ice cream.

It's deliciously decadent!

(No pets or small children were harmed in this experiment. Snowflakes on the other hand...it was a massacree!)  

☺☻☺☻




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First: This looks wonderful. I have never made snow ice cream.

Second: The word leftover used in conjunction with the word candy is so puzzling, my head threatens to explode.

Missy Tippens said...

Yum! I've always loved snow cream!! Growing up in Kentucky, I got to have it most winters. But here in Georgia...my poor deprived kids!

:)

Clari Dees said...

LOL, Tina.

When there's a 3+ pound bag of mixed candy at this place, the last thing to go is the, umm hmm, "plain" chocolate. The Reese's, Whoppers, Kit-Kats...those went first. Hence, the chocolate bars were...left-over. :-) But they were never in any danger of being left uneaten. (insert evil laugh here)

And snow ice cream is a wonderful treat. We don't get it every winter because you have to have more than a couple of inches of snow at a time. When my family hears there's snow coming, we don't stock up on bread and milk, we make sure there's plenty of sugar and heavy whipping cream and vanilla, and then go set out clean dishpans to collect the snow.

And since there's still a LOT of snow on the ground and another big snow storm looming in the forecast, I foresee more of this treat in my future. Wanna come over?