About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fun, fast read.


This book has been out a while, but I hadn't read it until last week. The Pioneer Woman : Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is the story of a city girl, falling in love with a real life, Oklahoma Cowboy with a capital C!

Ree Drummond has a very popular blog, several cookbooks, and a cooking show. She's a ranch wife and homeschooling mother of four, but she wasn't always that way. She had dreams of a career and was on her way to Chicago from California to pursue those dreams when they were derailed by a chance encounter with a handsome cowboy. The story of their meeting, rapid courtship, marriage and first year of life as newlyweds is hilariously recounted in The Pioneer Woman.

I could hardly put the book down. I don't read a lot of non-fiction/biographies, but this one read like a funny fiction or romance novel. I couldn't wait to see how Ree would handle the next situation thrown at her. From her future bro-in-law tricking her into helping with the cattle in such a way that she got...ahem...manure all over her arm--repeatedly--to falling on her face in her fancy heels on a visit to the ranch, the stories were poignant, romantic, and downright funny.

I recommend this read with the caveat that it is not marketed as a "Christian" book, so there is a bit of language in it. That being said, it is a fun, fast read, and I think you'll enjoy Ree Drummond's story.

No comments: