About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ships Ahoy!














I admit it.

I am a Christian Fiction lover. 
 
I love historical Christian fiction. I love contemporary Christian fiction. I even like suspense Christian Fiction.
And I love...”Argh, Matey!”… pirate stories!

I loved the seafaring adventures that Linda Chaikin wrote in the nineties called “The Buccaneers”, and I loved MaryLu Tyndall’s series, “Legacy of the King’s Pirates.” And now we have Kaye Dacus’The Ransome Trilogy.” 

I just finished reading Ransome’s Quest, the final book in the Ransome Trilogy and I must say, it’s the best of the three. What’s not to love about it? Adventure on the high seas, mistaken identities, hidden identities, dangerous secrets, kidnapping, romance, and of course, PIRATES.

The first two books in this trilogy are seafaring stories featuring ships and officers of His Majesty’s Royal Navy. But in the book that ties up all the loose ends, finishing the series, we get to have some good, old fashioned pirates. Or should I say bad? Nope, I’ll say good and bad pirates; because there’s both.

Ransome’s Quest is such a fun read and the characters so well drawn that I found myself wanting a separate book just to tell the story of El Salvador de los Esclavos. He wound up as my favorite character by the end of the story. And he managed to do that without detracting anything from the characters I’d loved since the very first book. That’s a pirate for you. Always stealing the show!

Check out Ransome’s Quest; it’s a great summer read; especially if you’re like me and enjoy reading stories with a little more adventure in them. This one’s going on my keeper shelf. I’ll have to reread the entire trilogy sometime. It’s that entertaining.

(Thank you, Harvest House Publishers, for providing me with a copy to preview/review.)
(I was not required to give a positive review of this book. All the opinions expressed above are my own. Seriously! They came out of my own little brain. Can't you tell?)




No comments: