About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Saturday, June 28, 2014

He maketh the clouds His chariot

I've been thinking about clouds lately and about how often they are used to describe hardship in our walk through life. Stories and hymns both use clouds metaphorically to denote trouble on the horizon, storms in our lives, etc. And while that may be an apt analogy, I've been looking at them a little differently through the lens of my camera.

Yes, clouds can bring storms that cause destruction, but they can also provide much-needed, refreshing rain. They provide a bit of cool shade on a hot day. The big, puffy, white ones look stunning against a brilliant blue sky, and clouds turn ordinary sunsets into blazing works of art. 

So because the cloud show this spring has been one of the most fantastic displays I've seen in a few years, here are some views I've captured that remind me of the first verses of Psalm 104.

Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

And here is a little music for your listening pleasure while you scroll. :-)



















































No comments: