About Me

My photo
I'm a librarian by day, a writer by night, and a reader and amateur photographer in between. I love to share books and other things that interest me. My own book - The Marshal Meets His Match - released January 2013. You can also find me at www.facebook.com/ClariDees

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

San Antonio

My sister and I went to San Antonia a couple of weekends ago, and I thought I'd share a few of the pictures I snapped. It was a whirlwind trip, but we did get to snag a couple of hours to sightsee.



Monument to the men who died in the Alamo.



This 100+ year old Live Oak stands in the courtyard of the Alamo and guards the well (which you can see just to the left of the tree trunk).


The purple asters were in full bloom, and the honey bees were quite busy.



Across the street from the Alamo you can go down to the Riverwalk. I took some video of our short time down there, but neglected to take any still photos. Oh, for more time to explore that beautiful spot!


We ate at a barbecue cafe alongside the water. It would have been a beautiful spot except for the pigeons. They were roosting in the trees above the heads of the diners, and they bombed our table more than once. Thankfully, they missed our food and drinks. Yuck!

We were on the road for 22 hours coming home due to road construction delays and detours. Round trip, we covered over 2200 miles. It was good to see that part of the world, but I am thankful I don't have to live and work with the kind of traffic we got snarled up in through Austin, Tx. Yikes! How do people live like that? It took us two hours to make it through Austin's rush hour traffic on the way down, but only 30 minutes on the way back up because we missed rush hour.

There is definitely something to be said about rural, small-town life! No Traffic!

No comments: